Facebook commissioned a survey of people aged between 13 to 24 years living in 7 different countries which are Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, and the USA
The results were very interesting. Yes, it seems that teens and young adults are fleeing Facebook, but only to go on Instagram
Why? The main reason is that people now want visuals and not text. They want nice pictures that illustrate the philosophy of a brand and not an ad.
They want to be able to scroll fast, discover new content every day, find out about the next trends, being part of a community and this is what Instagram offers: a beautiful visual world.
According to the study commissioned by Facebook, 69% of millennials check Instagram at home, 39% while going to sleep whereas 33% of them when they wake up. This means Instagram grabs the attention of users throughout the whole day.
There has never been a generation raised to be more technologically savvy than the Millennials. A group that now makes up the largest living generation in the U.S. is coming of age to be the newest wave of buyers, thinkers, and influencers in today’s market.
Today’s Millennials are sharing more content, opinions, reviews, and feedback than ever before. Millennials are a powerful force when it comes to sales and promotion. Millennials are using Instagram more than any other platform
Instagram comes in as the platform most used by people ages 18-34. Instagram is only 5 years old, yet it is the Fastest Growing Major Social Network. With more than 30 billion pictures shared, Instagram is the place for visual storytelling.
The top 3 reasons why users follow brands on Instagram, is that 48% follow a brand because they find content interesting or funny, but also 62% of them follow a brand because they love the brand and 54% to discover new things.
What do Millennials think about Instagram?
Instagram is only 5 years old, yet it is the Fastest Growing Major Social Network.
It allows brands to showcase special products and stories, to create a community of strong fans and customers.
To stand out on Instagram, like successful accounts there are a few rules to respect:
1. Be authentic
Stop posting an ad like pictures. Think out of the box. Originally Showcase your products, ah yes and also be sure to have a clear and nice picture.
2. Write an interesting bio with your website in it
Explain who you are, what you do, why people should follow you, why you are unique… And don’t forget to include your website
3. Use a smart #hashtag
Hashtags allow you to curate the pictures fans will share and you’ll gain attention with your unique hashtag.
4. Create a contest or a campaign to engage and reward your most active fans
Hosting a contest is one of the best ways to get more followers and grow your account.
It will also increase your engagement with your brand
5. Feature your best fans
You’ll get instant recognition from them.
Important Instagram statistics are given below.
- By 2019, it’s said that Instagram ad revenue could reach over $10bn
- Instagram has 1bn monthly active users
- The top 3 countries who use Instagram are the US, Brazil, and India
- 90% of Instagram users are younger than 35
- Instagram clocks up 3.5 billion likes every day
- 60% of users learn about new products through Instagram
- 70% of users look up a brand on Instagram
- 1/3 of Instagram users have purchased through the platform on mobile
- 88% of users are outside the U.S. 72% of U.S. teens use Instagram
- 95 million posts are added per day. 500 million people use stories every day
- Users spend on average 53 minutes a day on Android Instagram app
- 71% of U.S. business use Instagram
- Instagram has 2.2% interaction rate. Instagram has 2 million monthly advertisers
- The most liked photo has 53 million likes and it is a photo of an egg
- The best time to post daily on Instagram are weekdays between 10 am to 3 pm
- Post with video received 38% more engagement than the image post
- Over 100 million photos are uploaded every day;
- Over 100 million Instagrammers watch or record Live video each day